What are the Benefits of Music in Health, Soul and Mind. Here are some music benefits related to your query.
Music is found in every aspect and society, past, present and is considered to be culturally universal. Nature has its own music to which each life form dazzles from worms to big humans. Among people music’s world is vast too from tribes to towns there is a huge variety to rely on.
Why do you think music helps connecting people with each other?
Because music brings us happiness and anything which brings us joy always attracts us. Listening to music and singing together has been shown in several studies to directly impact neuro-chemicals in the brain, many of which play a role in looseness and connection.
Music increases Contact, Coordination and Cooperation
For much of human history, the only way to experience music was live as there were no recordings allowing us to share music outside performance. It involved Contact with others.
Performing music involves coordinating our efforts to at least if we want to produce a pleasing sound. When we try to sync with others musically- keeping the beat the same we tend to feel positive social feelings towards those with whom we are synchronizing.
Playing music in a band or singing in a choir certainly involves cooperation as well whether in the preparation for the performance or during the performance.
Music gives us Oxytocin boost
Oxytocin is a neuropeptide released during breastfeeding and sexual contact and is known to play an important role in increasing bonding and trust between people.
Many studies proved that music directly impacts oxytocin levels, which in turn affect our ability to trust and act generously towards others.
The important factor about music it increases our social connection.
Strengthens our “theory of mind and empathy”
Music plays a crucial role in empathy development. Music is considered to activate parts of the brain that help us understand and relate to others thoughts and feelings and to take a note on how they might behave in certain situations- a social skill scientist calls.
Benefits of music therapy (Health, Soul and Mind)
- Helps to cope up with stress, anxiety and depression.
- Helps to ease anxiety and discomfort during treatments.
- Help in rehabilitation.
- Improving quality of life for people with dementia and Alzheimer.
- Reducing effects of cancer therapy.
- Increase positivity in our soul, mind and life
What all and how does music produce emotions and pleasure in listeners?
- Musical Pleasure – Music triggers the same pleasure centre in the brain as the food and drugs.
- Musical Anticipation – it creates pleasure in both situations when it fulfils and violates expectations.
- Memories – Musical events evoke emotions in forms of memories.
- Action Tendency – Our internal rhythms such as heart rate try and sync with music
- Emotional Mimicry – music helps evoke emotions not only at individual level but also at intergroup and interpersonal level.
- Refined Emotions – there is an intellectual component for the appreciation of music.
- Consumer Behaviour – it also influences consumer’s behaviour that’s why there’s always soft music being played in shopping stores.
- Mood Regulation – During uncertain times music is seen as a great escape from reality.